Saturday, October 6, 2012

Training October 6th, 2012


6th
A. Power Clean, build to 90% RM for a single
B. Front Squat with Chains @ 20X1, 3-3-3, 5 min - only last set tough, set 1/2 are builders
C. 3 sets ALL OUT:
8 Thrusters @ 115lb
8 C2B
8 Burpees to 6" OH
8 Thrusters @ 115lb
8 C2B
8 Burpees to 6" OH
Rest 4 x work time

A. 255.  PR is 285.
B. all with 38 lbs of chains added.   185,205,235. 
C. 2:25, 2:12, 3:07.   I hate these kind of sets as they are just outside my comfort zone. First set was a bit slow due to lack of proper warm-up. I only have so much time in the 5am session. 2nd set was unbroken but movement was controlled and slow but it yielded my best time.  

3rd set was a train wreck.  I was at 1:05 after first round which in theory should have set me up nicely for another ~2:12, but then I straight up caved. Took ~ 6 breaths before starting the thrusters when I wanted to take 3. split the thrusters into 4 and 4. More breaths before CTB. Stopped after 3! CTB. Mercifully finished the set.    It's at that exact moment, the halfway point of the sets today where workouts are won, and in today's case lost. The moment when you can breath 3 more times and be a bit more comfortable or the moment when you pick the fucking barbell up and realize there is 24 more reps to finish this stupid set and be done. The man that picks it up and worries about the pain later is the man that wins.   I need to pick up the barbell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment