Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Start of a new journey

I am excited to start training with an individual program from Mike Fitzgerald. I decided to cut the Hatch Squat Cycle short by 2 weeks because of my realization that while my squat and leg endurance was getting better I was neglecting other important aspects of fitness. I will use the blog to document my training and measure progress.

I am going to note some food and sleep things with each training day to better assess how I perform in certain energy systems on low sleep etc.,


Testing Day 1 :


Wednesday June 13th.   5:00 pm.  Last meal at 12:30 pm. coming off a night shift. 4.5 hours sleep. first set pleased with effort, second set was a disaster. My forearms were throbbing going in so I only started with 5 power cleans before having to set it down. 

15,12,9 rep rds for time ALL OUT:
Power Clean - 115lb
Burpees
*Goal is under 2:30 min       2:41
+
Rest 5 min
+
15,12,9 rep rds for time ALL OUT:
Power Clean - 115lb
Burpees
*Goal is under 2:30 min       5:39.  oof.  I did not recover well at all, and this felt like a terrible slog. Grip was main issue. Probably would've need close to 15 mins for full recovery. 


Video of the first set is below.   I am second to start the workout as my training partner Ryan Andrew started with a 30s head start.

2 comments:

  1. http://vimeo.com/40796651

    Mike must not like you only 5 minutes....watch in my video how from the rack position I go straight to the ground, I have found it helps grip alot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha yea only 5 mins rest was tough. I see what you are talking about in the cleans. I'll have to try that next time.

      Delete