Saturday, June 23, 2012

Binghamton Fittest Competition June 23rd, 2012. New bench press PR and new power clean PR.

Binghamton's Fittest competition:

1 RM bench press- 270.  10 lb PR.  Don't bench much at all but a PR none the less.

1RM power clean ---285   10 lb PR and it flew up. Man I want 300 before years end.

WOD 2
10 minute AMRAP
7 burpees
7 deadlifts 205
7 box jumps 24"
7 pull-ups

7 rounds plus 17 reps.  All deadlifts and pull-ups unbroken and fast.  Burpees and box jumps were intentionally slow. Splits were pretty even.  Maybe should have picked up pace a bit earlier.

WOD 3
400m run
800m row
400m run

5:41

I think first 400m was ~75s. Transition on the rower was atrocious. I failed to set my damper where I wanted in and the straps were set all the way tight. I lost a handful of seconds here.  Wouldn't happen in a competition I wasn't in charge of but was wearing many hats today so my prep for each WOD took a backseat to keeping the event moving.

WOD 4:

5 rounds for time
5 front squats - 155#
7 toes to bar.

2:47. Only broke last set of T2B, but broke them twice. Only cost a few seconds but the killer instinct to finish needs to be there. Fresh this WOD is much faster but we squeezed all these WOD's into 3 hours so was on fumes at this point.


As far as running the competition it was a great success and everyone had a wonderful time.  We look forward to doing it again in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment