Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 25th and 26th, 2012

26th
AM
A. Squat Clean and Split Jerk, 1 rep x 15 sets, 2 min - 5 sets @ 185lb, 5 sets @ 195lb, 5 sets @ 205lb
B1. Above Knee Hang Power Clean, 3-3-3, 3 min - drop each rep
B2. CGBP @ 20X1, 2-3 reps x 3 sets, 3 min
C. Push Press @ 11X1, 5-5-5-5-5, 3 min - moderate loading, tough but same load per set

A. 185 x5 all complete.  The jerks were aggravating my shoulder big time and none of the reps were solid.  I cleaned 195 and during the drive for the jerk could feel pain in the shoulder so at that point I decided not to jerk anymore for the day. I finished all the squat cleans at rx'd weight and prepped for the jerk but didn't attempt anymore jerks because of the pain. I need to sort out this shoulder issue above anything else. I have the strength and pop to CJ 250+ EASILY if the shoulder was fine but lockout on jerks isn't happening now.  With a healthy shoulder and no jerk practice the next 6 weeks I am 100% confident I could exceed 260 on CJ come OPtathlon. I rolled out my pec before this session and that clearly didn't help.  I have a pretty good but long shoulder routine that I am going to try and be religious about doing during shorter sessions like this PM and before all overhead stuff. 


B1. 215,225,230(2)
B2. 185,200,215(2). Crappy set-up at lake with old small bench so these were "safer" reps than usual. 
C. 135, 145x4.  135 was way too low.  145 got easier on 4th and 5th set. 


PM
5 x Run 2 minutes on Flat @ 90% effort/Walk 2 min


complete. total working distance was 1.85 miles.  So just under 3k.  I LOVE this style of training for running and think it will definitely help with the 3k run time.  I would like to do more of this up until the OPtahlon. 



25th
Practice Swimming for 20-30 minutes in the lake, or pool
+
20-30 minute of hip/pec/lat stretching and mobility afterwards


complete. Not a great swimmer. I won't have swimming access after September 3rd. 
Went for an ART session Friday, during which my shoulder felt good afterwords, but it doesn't seem to last so I don't think I will do this anymore as it is time consuming, expensive and if I work diligently on my own with foam roller and lax ball can achieve the same result I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment