Saturday, February 2, 2013

February 1st and 2nd, 2013


2nd
AMRAP in 20 minutes:
20 Thrusters @ 135lb
20 C2B Chin-ups (check to see if this is correct)   20 chin -ups
20 Burpees

3 rounds plus 8 thrusters.     4 less reps than Jan 7th, 2012.  Really thought I would improve on this, but it was same old story of heavy breathing and inability to keep moving. Kinda feels like confirmation that I'm just not wired well for this sport. Have been consistent in training but just can't make progress with regards to "crossfit workouts."  I think I need more opportunities to test and really find out what is there and what I can do in the 7th, 8th, 9th minute of a workout. Right now my default on the testers is to back off so I can breath and then continue when "comfortable"  I need to train in that mental state of THIS IS A COMPETITION WORKOUT and every rep counts and being comfortable is not going to maximize results.  

1st round was in about 4:10
2nd round complete with about 9:50 left. 
3rd round complete with about 90s left. 

My training partner made the observation that I was WAY too slow on the burpees. I was stopping repeatedly on burpees to try and breath.  His thought was that I might as well move slow and steady through the burpees because it wasn't like I was going to get breath back anyways.  Then get a bit of breath back before and during the thrusters since they would be broken. I tend to agree as regardless of the other movements went in the workouts I should have moved through the burpees in 90s or less, which probably wasn't the case. 


I'm hungry for another test of any kind as I really want to see improvement somewhere. I think I honestly might need more "testing" style workouts even if that means less frequent training or more recovery styled workouts in between. I manage training sessions well but don't typically have the resolve to dig in and go on round 3 or 6 minutes into a testing workout. Training has not developed that mindset for me because I always know the set is over in 2,3,4 minutes. I think I need to be in the spot of breathing super heavy with much of the workout still in front of me. 

I think I've built the training base and need more chances to apply it in a 3,2,1 go scenario where 5 minutes in I'm grabbing my shorts and breathing heavy but still have much of the workout to go. 



Feb 1st
Power Snatch Cluster, 1.1.1 x 4 sets, 4-5 min

+
Power Clean Cluster, 1.1.1 x 4 sets, 4-5 min
+
Back Squat with Chains @ 20X1, 3-2-1-1-1, 3 min - increase per set, nothing max
+
KBS - 40kg, 15 reps x 3 sets, 1 min

PS - 155,165,172 (F rep 2), 175 (F rep 2).  misses felt technique based.  Very comfortable with 175 PS now which is improvement. 

PC - 225, 240, 247, 252 (F Rep1 and hit rep 2 and 3. WTF?)  missed first rep at 252 as I caught it low and was not ready at all to stand it up from ~quarter squat. Actually stumbled back which has never happened before. 

with 38# chains to each set.  245, 265, 275, 285 , 285

KBS unbroken problem. 


No comments:

Post a Comment