Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pre-competition thoughts

As I prepare to leave for NJ tomorrow for the NY/NJ Crossfit sectionals, I wanted to put some of my Pre-Competition thoughts down.

I have trained for this weekend for the past 10 months. I have got out of bed at 430am to work out. I have done doubles and triples to prepare for this weekend. My online coach is the best there is. I have done all of these movements many times. In the past year I have improved my work capacity across broad time and modal domains. The basis of Crossfit, the crossfit mission statement. I feel incredibly prepared for the workouts this weekend. I can only control what I do. If someone comes out and does WOD 1 in 8 mins, I can not control that. I have to stick what I can do and maximize my abilities in each WOD.

My motto for the weekend will be something coach has instilled in us "Full effort is full victory." If I leave the weekend knowing I laid it all on the line and gave my absolute best in each WOD, regardless of where I end up in the standings, I can be happy. "Full effort is full victory."

The past year I have improved my pull-ups, my clean my deadlift, my OHS, my burpee abilities, my front squat, my diet, my strategies. It is time to perform.

MY strategies for each WOD are below. I have many heats before me so this strategy could change after I observe some heats , but this is how I will attack them now.


WOD 1: listed in previous post. The strategy here is simple. The workout will be won by the fastest time in the burpee section. A nice steady row pace at approx 80% effort for the first 1k, get to the burpees and continously do reps. Get back on the rower and start pulling, get into a rhythm the first 500m and almost start to feel better, then the last 500m go with everything I got. This wod needs to be in the 9-10 min range I would suspect.

WOD 2: This is by no means an easy WOD. But I don;t believe there is much strategy to it. All the FS need to be unbroken. Do not want to have to clean that bar twice in a round. Double unders are what this workout is all about. The goal is to do these unbroken as well. Stay focused and relaxed on the DU's. If a miss happens, which it will, stay composed and get the next reps done right.

1 comment:

  1. good luck dude. leave it all there. maybe i'll be with you next year.

    ReplyDelete