Monday, March 15, 2010

Patience is a virtue when looking at fitness goals.

Patience

I like this article, especially the first paragraph. It is sometimes difficult to remember that achieving fitness goals takes time. Not everything will happen overnight. This is something I try to keep in mind during my training as difficult as that can be.

A few examples:

A 100m sprinter will train for months and years on end and consider it a great success to take .2 sec off their 100m sprint time over a period of time.

On a personal level, when I started crossfit almost 2 years ago I was amazed at other crossfitters abilities to perform seemingly countless reps of pull-ups. I was frustrated by only being able to complete 6-8 at a time. Over time I put in the work and now pull-ups have become something that is very easy to me.

BUT THE KEY IS IT TOOK TIME. If you are "out of shape" it will take time to get back in shape, it won't happen all at once. BUT IT WILL HAPPEN, with goals and proper workouts. One day at a time is all you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment