Sunday, January 1, 2017

week 11 sprint training

Week 11

Not recalling everything but

Sunday
rest


Monday
250m stride, easy, 85-90%, feel the top end but don’t push/stress here.
+
7 block starts
+
3x 40/30/30
40m gradual acceleration
30m top end, front side mechanics
30m controlled deceleration
rest as needed
+
hurdle drills

+ some legs.
A. FS moderate double up to 255.
don't recall remainder.



Tuesday
3x 150m sprint 90% RPE, turnover/ez feels at top end… no stress… no push

completed on 12/27.
plus upper body and PC.  PC up to 235 x 2.




Wednesday
5-10 block starts based on feel
+
hurdle drills / mobility
did not do.  Little bit of a cold and needed the rest.



Thursday
warm up
sprint drills in garage 
cool down


done on 12/29.  Just some light drills in garage .

Friday
race day

60m in 7.71.  
notes on this race.  I started warming up to early.  Expecting the meet to run on time and not realizing how it run I was pretty much warm....cooled down and had to warm back up. AS for the race.  Decent start I think, good turnover.  Need to fix those strides and mechanics for sure.  For next meet if they have predicted times I need to predict a bit faster to be in a heat with a bit faster runners.  I predicted 7.7 so I was on but being in a faster heat may have helped.

Untitled from pat skinner on Vimeo.

rest about 1.5 hours and then 200m in 26.32.  The last 80m kind of hurt and felt laborious.  Running the banks was a disaster, felt like I was all over in my lane. Also I leaned at like 185m as can be seen in the video (right when Mandy talks I lean) . Complete inexperience and I thought I was at the finish line! Next time, just gonna run through it, I don't have enough race experience to be leaning.

Untitled from pat skinner on Vimeo.

Overall experience was awesome. Really enjoyed myself.  Technique needs to be focus as the power is there I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment