Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My crossfit history.

I came across Crossfit.com. I started my intro into Crossfit in May 2008. I followed the Crossfit.com workouts and did the best I could with equipment while still working out at Planet Fitness.

Eventually I decided to build a home gym and have worked out in that since July 2008. Also in July 2008 I came across the Crossfit Games:
http://games2009.crossfit.com/
At this point I saw the oppotunity to do Crossfit as a sport.


In January 2009 the anouncement came for the 2009 Crossfit games. There would be Qualifiers and they would be in Albany,NY for my region. I decided I would need to do more to prepare for a Crossfit competetion. I did some searching and realized that the winner of the 2007 Crossfit Games, James Fitzgerald, had a blog http://www.optimumperformancetraining.blogspot.com/ and he programmed a workout regimen for those that wanted to do Crossfit as sport. I started following his Crossfit programming January 2009 and have done so since. The competition was much tougher than I anticipated and I finished middle of the pack for 150 competitors. I have stuck with OPT's programming and have seen improvements in every single lift or metcon or speed across the board. I only wish I had started or found Crossfit earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment