Thursday, August 8, 2013

June 14th to August 8th

I got away from blogging my training recently. While I realize most don't necessarily care, this is a good spot for me to record my workouts and see the progress over time. It's also very easy to search compared to looking through tattered notebooks when I am looking to see progress or looking to spot trends.

The last couple months has brought a bit of change for me. I bounced around doing some training I wanted to do and loosely following some things. I'm generally very structured with training but needed a bit of change. I mainly did strength work and Airdyne work. I got a nagging shoulder impingement fixed up with some manual massage and some corrective exercises. It still is a minor issue now and again but that is usually only due to my negligence or an absurd amount of pull-ups or dips.

The last 6 weeks I followed Invictus Competition blog programming. During that time I hit a PR on High Bar Back Squat at 355.  Up from 335 6 weeks prior. I had been stuck at 335 for a very long time with HBBS so this was encouraging. The squatting volume was very high and demanding but it paid off so I was happy.

As always in my training staying strong while staying in shape is the goal. Conditioning is coming along and am feeling better.

My upcoming competition schedule is unknown at this time. I am considering various events from Sept 6th to October 12th. Choosing one will be based on life/work schedule. I plan on participating in the CrossFit Open in March 2014 and am considering competing in the Toughest Competitor Alive at the Can-Am Police/Fire games in July 2014.

The TCA is
1) 5k Run
2) Shot Put
3) 100m Dash
4) 100m Swim
5) 20ft Rope Climb
6) Bench Press
7) Pull Ups
8) Obstacle Course

5k run, 100m dash, pull-ups and obstacle course would likely be events I would think I could score well on. It would be an interesting test and one that would be fun to train for as the events are known.

I plan on getting back to regularly logging my workouts for many of the reasons mentioned above.


Today's training:

A.
Every 90 seconds for 15 minutes (10 sets):
High Hang Clean + Clean

Please drop the weight after the high hang clean, then reset and clean.

185,205,215,225,235,235,245,245,255F, 255

B.
Back Squat
*Set 1 – 3 reps @ 75% - 265
*Set 2 – 2 reps @ 80%- 285
*Set 3 – 1 rep @ 85% - 300
*Set 4 – 3 reps @ 80% - 285
*Set 5 – 2 reps @ 85% - 300
*Set 6 – 1 rep @ 90% - 320
Rest 2-3 minutes between sets.
C.
Two sets of:
Halting Clean Deadlift x 3 reps @ 4121
Rest as needed
Please note and adhere to the tempo prescription, even if that means dropping the load down a bit.
265.  too light
D.
For time:
Row 500 Meters
25 Burpees Over the Erg
100 Double-Unders
25 Burpees Over the Erg
Row 500 Meters
7:56

No comments:

Post a Comment