Monday, February 27, 2012

Open Wod 12.1 and a power clean PR.

Open Wod 12.1
7 minute AMRAP burpees with a jump to touch a target 6" above reach.
I got 103 reps, which was a big disappointment. I thought I'd be closer to 115 but fatigue set in and I wasn't able to keep a good enough pace. That score puts me at 919th place in the ultra competitive and deep Northeast region. I expect to do much better relative to the field on the remaining wods so I hope to improve upon that ranking significantly. Not going to get into too much reflection here as the competition is still on and the time for that will come at the end. Just going to do my best on all remaining workouts.

Sunday's training had a bit of a more positive note with a 275 lb power clean, which is a 15 lb PR from the Optahlon in October and this lift felt great and no insane psych up was necessary. My pulling power feels like its at all time high with PR's in rows, pull-ups, deadlifts and cleans coming on a semi regular basis.

Power Clean video below :

No comments:

Post a Comment